Deciding What to use to Work Everyday Is Easy – All You Need Is 15 Pieces
For those of you not particularly interested in fact, but who nevertheless want to look fabulous everyday, let me introduce you to a concept that will be your new BFF… capsule dressing. No, that is not when you take your pills and mush them into your Thanksgiving plate (there is an outpatient program for those of you that relate to that last sentence). Capsule dressing is like it sounds. It is a small compact wardrobe that has many interchangeable pieces so that putting together outfits becomes a no brainer.
So while fashionistas envision a walk-in-closet that could also double as the International Space stop, we also know that being stylish can be achieved with much fewer pieces.
The elements of a capsule wardrobe will depend on the dress code of your office, but for the standard office that requires specialized work attire here are the recommendations for building a capsule wardrobe:
- Two 3-piece suits. A woman’s 3-piece suit consists of a jacket, suit pants, and a skirt. That way you can use either use the pants or the skirt. The other reason for buying the pieces together is that everyone has a different definition of colors. All black is not already the same and if you buy two different brands, the colors might not match. I think the Eskimos were on the track with 14 different names for the color white.
- Two dresses. One in a neutral color and one that is a more colorful option. These dresses can also be worn with the suit jackets and cardigans listed below.
- One pair of jeans. Many offices have a casual Friday, so you will want to buy a great pair of dark denim jeans. Dark denim looks a little more specialized for the office. Avoid jeans with rips, tears, and hearts bedazzled on your bum. Do you want to be blinding your coworkers as you exit the conference room?
- One cardigan. You will want to get a great cardigan because you can sometimes use this instead of a suit jacket.
- Eight tops. You will want to have 8 to 12 tops. Here is the trick, the top needs to go with every pair or pants and every skirt in your capsule wardrobe so that it is interchangeable.
- A great winter coat. This is a must. Go with a typical style such as a trench coat or a pea coat. Get it in a neutral color so that it will go with everything and be appropriate in every situation. Since you are going with a typical style that will be in style for years and years, use a little more on this item. This is what is known as an investment piece in the fact community.
If you have all of these items, then you should have no problem deciding what to use to work. These basic pieces are enough to start building a proper work wardrobe. However, there are nevertheless shoes and accessories and those could really fill an International Space stop. In fact, we may need to bring in the Russians to help offset some of these cost.