The Advantages and Disadvantages of Plastic Furniture
Let’s confront it. Plastic has taken over the world! There isn’t anything today that can’t be found in plastic. Everything that was at some time made of natural fibre or material can be found in a plastic version. It can be found in every industry today including the medicine industry, the agriculture industry, the horticulture industry etc. From footwear to kitchen accessories you find adaptations of the same. Yes, it does have its disadvantages, but who can deny its many advantages?
Every household has at the minimum one plastic furniture piece or a related accessory. It may be a chair, or a pen stand, but you will find at the minimum one plastic item there. The frequency of finding this furniture is higher in middle class to lower class homes.
• What attracts people to purchasing plastic furniture is the cost aspect. It is comparatively inexpensive. Plastic can be made into a lovely and comfortable chair which will cost only a fraction of what it takes to buy a regular chair. If you have a tight budget and however want to get as many items of furniture as possible, plastic is the answer!
• It is light weight and can be easily moved around. One does not require much help while moving plastic furniture while rearranging the room. It is extremely functional to have a chair that can be pulled around without having to call for help or using much effort.
• It is nearly unbreakable. It used to make furniture is of a good grade and hence is extremely study. It does not break or shatter if dropped. It also does not react with the ecosystem and crack or expand due to the moisture as in the case of wood. It does not catch fungus or require continued polishing. It does not rust or house termites. Hence it can be safely said that plastic requires low or rather nearly no maintenance.
• Plastic can be recycled. Also the use of plastic stalls the cutting of trees and destroying forests. Wooden furniture requires wood to be extracted from the barks of trees. It leads to deforestation and ecological problems.
• Plastic furniture is bright and happy. It can change the mood of the room. It can be taken outdoors for picnics and brought back with ease. Plastic furniture is obtainable in more colours than any other material. Plastic furniture is versatile. It is easier to mould and create shapes using plastic. Chiselling and carving is easily achieved on plastic surfaces than on wood or metal.
• It is great for children who have butter fingers and tend to drop things often.
• Plastic furniture can be left out in the rain without worrying about it getting spoilt.
Plastic furniture is forever growing industry. Plastic furniture is a growing trend and is quite fashionable. already though plastic in some situations lacks the class and sophistication that come with traditional wooden furniture, it is a small price to pay for the numerous advantages and conveniences that plastic brings!